Above is Mason, one of our Bouvier des Flandres. Mason is relaxing on the grooming table waiting for his bath and looking handsome, as always.
Our downstairs grooming facility is roomy, pleasant and well-equipped for your pet’s grooming needs. Our groomers provide professional pet grooming, soothing salt soaks and medicated skin treatments. Regular grooming will keep your pet’s coat and skin in good condition and help him or her look and feel great. If fleas are a problem, our groomers offer all natural flea baths that avoid harsh chemicals and pyrethrins.
Bath and Tidy includes:
- Toe nail trim with a dremel, which smooths and rounds the nail shorter than clippers can, with less discomfort than pinching nail clippers
- Ear Cleaning
- Anal Gland assessment and expression when appropriate
- Bath with our Hydrosurge massage system
- Select shampoos and conditioners based on your pet’s coat and condition
- Brushing and combing to remove tangles and dead coat
- Trimming of pads, around feet, sanitary area and eyes if needed
- A bandana or bow
- Colognes are available on request
Full Groom includes:
- All of the services in the Bath and Tidy
- In addition, trimming of the body, legs and head to create a certain style, breed standard or a short and comfortable happy pet
Speak with your Groomer so she can accommodate you and your pet’s needs.
HydroSurge Therapeutic Bathing System:
A major breakthrough in pet bathing technology. The HydroSurge bath provides your pet with an invigorating massage while providing the most thorough cleaning available. The HydroSurge bath will enhance the application of medicated shampoos or other coat and skin conditioning treatments. * HydroSurge is a registered trademark of the HydroSurge Company.
Additional Services offered:
- Toenail Trim with Dremel $15
- Ultra Smooth Toenail Trim with Dremel $18 – great for hardwood floors or jumping dogs.
- Monthly toenail trim with Dremel $10
- Medicated baths $10
- Owner’s medicated shampoo soak $6
- Extra dirty dog: each additional bath $5
- Salt bath $15
- Deshed program $10
- Teeth brushing $7.50
- Natural flea soak $15
- Dematting $1 per minute (service will not be done if it causes pet discomfort)
- Expedited groom – added $15. Groomer concentrates on your pet only from beginning to end. Great if you’re in a hurry or you have a pet that can’t tolerate a longer day.
- Extra senior care and attention – added $5 and up. Here the groomers take extra time to move slowly and/or try a variety of tools and talents to reduce the physical and emotional stress of an older pet. Sometimes this includes more breaks between handling, special support slings, or other tools.
- Puppy Guidance Training – added $5 and up. Do you have a breed of dog or cat that will need regular grooming throughout their life? This is the perfect way to introduce them to grooming in a kind and patient way, to avoid stress or aggression habits.
- Cage Free Groom $10. With this service your pet will spend no time in a grooming cage.
- Coming soon – Fear Free Toe Nail Trims – call our groomers for details.
Our professional groomers Eve and Kristen look forward to helping you make your furry friend look, feel and smell wonderful!
We also groom our feline friends!
For the health of our spa and hotel guests, all pets must be up-to-date on vaccines and have a negative fecal test.
- Cats must be current on FVRCP and Rabies vaccinations and have a negative fecal test within one year
- Dogs must be current on DALPP, Bordetella and Rabies vaccinations. Due to significant presence of parasites in our region we also require a negative stool sample test annually.
Our groomers are always happy to answer questions on the phone or in person.
Our grooming entrance is down the staircase in the garden, towards the rear of our building on the lower level.
Grooming hours vary slightly from the hospital hours, and we always recommend calling ahead.
You may park in the Rossman Park alley between 3rd and 4th Streets. We look forward to seeing you!